TQR Confidential

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

TQRstories anthology #2 murmurings

From: Boligard Doomey
To: Rorschalk


who's going to be in the damn book. i need to know because i need to read or reread all of the CGs and remark on them in the intro. now, you might say, "no need to do that, boli," and i say, "oh, sister, there's need." i will not type out a lame intro! i've intensions(sic) of typing a few lines about each VC, might even be a bit of a roast, me thinks. i've typed out a page so far, touched on what we do at tqr and mentioned something about %@!$ing peoples' mothers and lauded China Mieville and a few others and gave a nod to other great e-zines like unlikely 2.0 and 34th parellel. but i need more. can you send me a list of who's in? and, keep in mind, i am not promising a great intro. i don't know what i am doing, so it should be pretty cool. but not great.

thx bunches,

doomey

p.s. i posted in the rump. hah.


----------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:34 PM
To: maggie murdoch , Gabrielle DePlancher , Lalo Fox


Boli's wanting a list of the picks for this summer's antho since he's going to write an intro for the thing. Can you let him know what your individual picks are? And then let me know? Swell. Below is his gmail to me, and why I'm putting the pressure on you (again).

--
TQR
founder and CEO of Total Quality Reading, LLC

----------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:39 PM
To: Boligard Doomey


I have sent pleas out to Lalo, Maggie and Dep to send your their picks since I don't know them. LaFloor has already sent in his intro for Year of Our Lord's Favor (you want I should shoot you that, too?). Owens has sent me his intro of Callie. He didn't understand that I want him to intro the piece as Otto (silly bastard) instead of his real-time and real world self (silly bastard). So, you want that, too? Some picks that are locks are that damn Celibate Jayne the Hammerhand piece and I'll have to go look at the archives and get back to you soon enuf. I am stoked that you are taking this on. You have carte blanche. Just kill.

----------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 2:43 PM
To: boligard doomey


Love the post in the Rump. It's about time to get that going again. I'll be in there later. Anyhow. Now I am reminded why it's take so long to do another antho ... slim pickens. I'm thinking Julian's Crunchy Apotheosis is a lock. I'd like to reach back in time and do Lou and Iggy Ate My Story by that Gemio kat. Same for that crazy Ice Box deal. And possible even that time travel western that is next to the last thing left in the archives. You got any other suggestions, lemme know.

----------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Thu, May 12, 2011 at 3:07 PM
To: boligard doomey


Also, I just remembered another lock A Crocodile Never Cries, I like a lot. Dead Man's Whistle is pretty damn good, too.

----------

From: boligard doomey
Date: Mon, May 16, 2011 at 2:53 PM
To: Theodore Rorschalk


sounds kind of iffy, my friend. has anyone offered up their picks and their intros? let me know as soon as you know the caps that will be in the book. ive looked the archives over, nothing jumps out at me. i do like Lou and Iggy. anywhat, let know whenever and i will start work again on the intro. till then i've typing to do. i have nine stories out right now. nine. wanna get a tenth out today.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:33 PM
To: boligard doomey


You don't have to intro all of them you damn fool! ha. Don't take me too seriously. I love your book review up currently. Anything like that will be great. I've got intros from LaFloor and Owens. So we just need the two womyn and Fox. It's not iffy. It's going down this summer. So... good luck with those ventures. I hope at least half of them become capital gains.


----------
From: Gabrielle DePlancher
Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 11:18 AM
To: Theodore Rorschalk


Oh. Me, I am a lazy rat about this. Sorry, really. I can't remember the caps and have to find them again to review what my pick will be. There's no excuse, I know I know.

I will get on it because I don't want to be the last of the last and hold up Da-Doomey's work either.

Dead line absolute or head cut off? I am good with deadlines.

Thanks.

DeP[rocrastinr]
--
DeP
[Gabrielle DePlancher]
~ The Floor, TQR

----------
From: Theodore Rorschalk
Date: Tue, May 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM
To: Gabrielle DePlancher


Deadline: June 30th.

--
TQR
founder and CEO of Total Quality Reading, LLC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home